Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thursday

Thank you Lannie McKee. Your generosity is always amazing.... I wish we could thank you in person.

Is it Thursday already... and the last day of January already.... wow, this year is already flying by!

ok, so I have to tell you about last night.... :)

So we went to the Y for Daniel and I to work out and afterwards, we were going to run in to walgreens and get 4 pics printed out for Gabe's science project/board, but their photo lab was down, so we begrudgingly went to walmart, where all the USB ports to the instant picturemaker were not working, luckily I had the flash card with me, but it only worked in the 1 hour machine... but since we only had 4 pictures printing, I honestly didnt think it would take an hour so we asked the girl behind the counter how long it would be and she promptly told us an hour (wonder why I didnt go to walmart first?)..... so I was pretty upset with myself b/c if I would have remembered, I could have just uploaded them from work and they would have been ready to pick up... so I was feeling pretty bad about myself as it was a kind of stupid decision on my part... it was 7:00 and the kids hadnt eaten dinner.... so we were going to go home, feed the kids and then daniel would drive all the way back across town for the 4 pictures.....

but on the way home, daniel saw the chic-fil-a sign and decided that we needed to eat out tonight... it also meant the kids could play on the playground and he wouldnt have to drive all the way back across town.  I dont know about yall, but we dont eat out hardly at all b/c a family of five can cost quite a bit, even at fast food... so its a real treat when we go out.

So we were all sitting and eating and talking and a guy comes up to our table, tells us that he wants to pay for our dinner tonight, lays $20 on the table and walks off.

I about busted out bawling right there at the table... and had to hold back tears so I wouldnt lose it in front of the kids.

And the kids were just as taken back as we were..... Gabe even said "we should have given him a hug"... and I so agreed.... we barely got a thank you out before he was already out the door.

So good samaritan guy... wherever you are.... thank you.  You honestly have no idea what your random act of kindness meant to us.  Normally, we are stared at - and not in a good way - for having a large family and an asian child with special needs.... so for someone to do something tangibly nice for us.... it encouraged us more than you know... thank you.

Seriously, yall, I about want to bust out in tears just thinking about it.

And if yall want to do something nice for someone else for the cost of a stamp, here is your oppurtunity
http://www.nogreaterjoymom.com/2013/01/guest-post-again-thursday-update.html


Thanks for reading our blog.... yall are always an encouragement.... and we got a notice in the mail on Tuesday that they had received our I800A application and will be scheduling our fingerprint appointments soon... so excited!  Lets continue to cross our fingers that all this moves at a super fast pace... :)

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your posts! What a simple, but wonderful gift this strange man gave y'all. It is SO important to listen to that "still, small voice" when it instructing you to do something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy reading your posts! What a simple, but wonderful gift this strange man gave y'all. It is SO important to listen to that "still, small voice" when it instructing you to do something.

    ReplyDelete